McMahon’s Mill, which has also been known through the years as Charles Mill, Cedar Grove Mill, Shaffer's Old Flouring Mills and Avis Mill, used a steel wheel in the early twentieth century to generate electricity. In 1922 the mill was closed after a flood and years later, the National Park Service restored the wooden structure.
McMahon’s Mill also features a private campground for recreational vehicles and tents, as well as a museum featuring relics of the 1800s and 1900s. The museum is open to the public by appointment.
Photo by: PATC GPS Rangers