Lock 70


    Lock 70 is in good condition, re-built after a fire in 1906 that destroyed a bridge over the Canal. Lockhouse 70 stands nearby, a two-story white frame lockhouse in the center of Oldtown and next to Green Spring Road. During the summer, the Lockhouse is open Saturday and Sunday afternoons for visitors to see inside the lockhouse where a small exhibit on Oldtown's history is on display.

    Mile Marker: 166.7


    Photo by: PATC GPS Rangers

    Nearby Amenities: