Walk Maryland Day by Charissa Hipp
Wednesday, October 5 is the 8th annual Walk Maryland Day. Members of the C&O Canal Trust staff will be hosting walks throughout the C&O Canal National Historical Park (NHP) during the day. The public is invited to attend these walks and participate in Walk Maryland Day, a celebration of Maryland’s official state exercise. With 347 miles of trails in the park, the C&O Canal NHP is the ideal place to enjoy the outdoors and take a walk.
- 10:00 a.m. – Point of Rocks, 2 miles round trip
- 11:00 a.m. – Billy Goat C Trail, 2.8 miles round trip
- 5:00 p.m. – Brunswick Boat Ramp, 2 miles round trip
- 5:30 p.m. – Cushwa Basin at Williamsport, 3 miles round trip
- 5:30 p.m. – Little Tonoloway at Hancock, 2.7 miles round trip
- 6:00 p.m. – Railroad Bridge Bridge Parking on Canal Rd. at Sharpsburg/Shepherdstown, 2-3 miles round trip
- 6:00 p.m. – Dam 5, 2-3 miles round trip
Participants are encouraged to register as a Sole Mate on the Walk Maryland Day website.