< Go Back

McMahon’s Mill

  • 0
  • September 05, 2014

McMahon's Mill, also known as Charles Mill, Cedar Grove Mill, Shaffer's Old Flouring Mills and Avis Mill, consists of a large framed gambrel-roofed structure situated on a fieldstone foundation. In the 1920's, a steel wheel was used to generate electricity. The mill closed after the 1922 flood and has since been restored by the National Park Service.

Milepost 88.1

 McMahon's Mill
Photo Credit: C&O Canal National Historical Park