Canal Company officials often bragged this aqueduct to be the "longest single arch of its kind." Constructed between 1836 and 1838, the structure is largely built of limestone and cement transported from nearby Hook's mill, just across the river from Hancock. The aqueduct was first used in 1839 when the canal was watered from Dam no. 6 down to Dam no. 5. This was the same year canal operations began in the town of Hancock.
Photo Credit: Doug Zveare