Following guidance from the CDC and recommendations from state and local public health authorities in consultation with NPS Public Health Service Officers, the following closures are in effect:
- C&O Canal NHP visitor centers, including the Great Falls Tavern Visitor Center, Brunswick Visitor Center, Williamsport Visitor Center, and Cumberland Visitor Center.
- Restrooms, vault toilets, and portable toilets are closed throughout the park.
- Water fountains and wells are closed throughout the park.
- Some parking areas may be closed, including the Great Falls, Fletchers Cove, and Carderock Recreation Area. Parking at Anglers is limited to provide access for EMS and rescue services.
- All campgrounds and campsites are closed throughout the park.
- Fee collection at Great Falls Tavern has also been temporarily suspended.
- Gatherings of more than 10 persons are prohibited.
- C&O Canal NHP will cancel permits and reservations and will not accept applications for demonstrations, special events, or park site reservations until May 10.
All park lands remain open. Updates will be posted on this page. For more information, please visit the National Park Service Public Health Update page.
Please direct all questions to the National Park Service at 301-739-4200 or to this link.