Lock 58


    Lock 58 is located in a remote stretch of the canal and was the first of the 13 upper Locks that used a double layer of kyanized wood planks, however the use of wood created continuous maintenance problems. This Lock was likely the last lock ready for service when the canal opened in October 1850.

    Mile Marker: 144.0


    Photo by: Robin Lynn

    Nearby Amenities: