Lock 74


Lock 74 was completed in 1841 and later rebuilt in 1869. This is one of the few locks along the canal that has a 10' lift as opposed to the average 8' lift of the other locks. The limestone used to build this lock as well as locks 72, 73 and 75 was described as “Beautiful, of good quality, and in great abundance”.

Mile Marker: 175.5


Photo by: Brett Robinson

Nearby Amenities: