Lock 72


    Lock 72 was finished in 1841 and it was constructed of stone from the nearby quarry as opposed to the 13 composite locks before it. In the days that the canal was operational Lock 72 was known as "Ten Mile Lock" because it is almost exactly 10 miles below Cumberland.

    Mile Marker: 174.4


    Photo by: Brett Robinson

    Nearby Amenities: