John Poole House
Built by John Poole Jr. in 1793, the John Poole House is the oldest building in Poolesville. The building served as a trading post for traveling merchants and local families. In 1810 it was used as Poolesville’s first U.S. Post Office.
The frame portion of the building was added in 1866 and now serves as the Historic Medley District’s office. The museum shop is furnished based on authentic period antiques, and features collectibles, pottery, toys, local books and art. Call 301-407-0777 to schedule a visit.