Get out your cameras! The C&O Canal Trust is sponsoring a monthly photo contest highlighting the best photos you have taken of the C&O Canal National Historical Park!
Each month, a new contest will begin, so return often to enter your photos. We will post the contest entries on our Facebook page each month for voting. The picture that receives the most “Likes” each month will be featured as our Facebook cover photo and will appear in our monthly email newsletter and our print newsletter, which is published three times a year.
* Photo submissions are accepted on an ongoing basis for entry into the next month’s contest.
* Last day of month: Photos must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. on the last day of the month to be entered in the upcoming month’s contest. Photos submitted after that time and date will be held until the following month’s contest.
* First day of month: Contest photos will be posted to a Facebook gallery by 12:00 p.m. and voting will be open. (When the first of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, the gallery will be posted and opened for voting on the next business day).
* 1-15th of month: Voting occurs.
* 16th of month: Winner is announced for that month’s contest. (When the 16th of the month falls on a weekend or holiday, the winner will be announced on the next business day).
* Deadline for entries is 4:00 p.m. on the last day of each month.
* Photos will be judged by visitors to the C&O Canal Trust’s website. The photo with the highest amount of likes will be the winner. See timeline below for additional details.
* Staff members of the C&O Canal Trust and the C&O Canal National Historical Park are not eligible. Volunteers of these organizations are eligible.
* Please provide an image title and contact information including photographer’s name, address, and contact telephone number. Please also include approximately where in the C&O Canal National Historical Park the photo was taken.
* Open to all photographers ages 13 to adult.
* Eligible photographs include scenic pictures of nature and wildlife. Photos with people in them will only be accepted if the photo shows the back of the subject or is taken at a distance so that the face is unrecognizable.
* Photographers may enter up to 5 photos each month.
* Images that include a watermark or photographer’s name will not be accepted.
* Entries must be taken within the grounds of the C&O Canal National Historical Park.
* Please submit images electronically in JPG format. Do not mail entries, as they will not be returned.
* Photos may not be defamatory, obscene, inappropriate, political, or contain content owned by a third party. Final discretion on appropriateness of photos and entry into the contest rests with the staff of the C&O Canal Trust.
Please note that all of your personal information will be kept confidential and will not be shared with organizations outside of the C&O Canal Trust. Your name will appear with your photograph while entered in voting. Your other personal information will not be revealed.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the C&O Canal Trust and not to Facebook.