Canal Pride Days at Great Falls
Saturday, April 23rd 2016 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join us for C&O Canal Pride Days, the largest volunteer effort in the C&O Canal National
Historical Park! Over the past eight years, volunteers have come together to complete
over 300 maintenance, preservation, and conservation projects along the towpath. Be
a part of the event’s ninth anniversary event, get your hands dirty, and make a lasting
impact during C&O Canal Pride Days 2016!
Space is limited - Click here to register now for Canal Pride Days!
C&O Canal Pride Days 2016 Project List*
• Cleaning and painting exhibits
• Maintaining trails
• Cleaning and replacing grills and fire rings
• Planting trees along the towpath
• Landscaping and cleaning the Tavern grounds
• Repairing and painting picnic tables
• Pruning vegetation and removing invasive plants
• Cleaning and replacing signs and waysides
• Sprucing up the Charles F. Mercer canal boat
• And much, much more!
C&O Canal National Historical Park
Historic Great Falls Tavern
11710 MacArthur Boulevard
Potomac, MD 20854