Four Locks is a wonderful example of a canal community. The proximity of four locks being built within 1,530 feet of each other created the ideal situation for families, merchants, and people of all classes to come together to build a community. In its heyday Four Locks boasted 2 stores, 2 warehouses, a dry dock for boat repair, a school, and post office plus a dozen houses. Furnished in the 1920’s style, Lockhouse 49 depicts the heyday of the canal community at Four Locks.
If you’d like to learn more, “The Community of Four Locks” provides a wonderful historical perspective on this unique community.
Features & Amenities
* Electric baseboard heat
* Fire ring and picnic table
* Water pump nearby (available all year)
* Proximity to boat ramp
* Sleeps 8: Two bedrooms with two twins and two trundles each
* Portable toilet
* Linens and pillows not provided
* Fireplaces are NOT functional
Clear Spring, MD 21722
Click here to see map and directions.