< Go Back

Sharpsburg

  • 0
  • July 06, 2014

The building of the C&O Canal, begun in 1828, provided many residents of Sharpsburg with jobs in construction and in canal operations. The canal, two miles west of town, became operational around Sharpsburg in 1839, and closed to commercial traffic in 1924.

Milepost 72.7

Official Website

Sharpsburg
Photo Credit: C&O Canal Trust