There are currently no positions available.
Dates of Internship: Mid-February to Mid-June
Hours: Flexible; based on staff and intern requirements and schedules; minimum three days per week as well as attendance at three Saturday events in April and May.
Duties: Intern will assist Trust staff in the planning and execution of large-scale Canal Pride volunteer events for the spring of 2014. Duties and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing database of special interest groups for targeted marketing of events
- Promoting events in community newsletters, online calendars, and via social media
- Distributing flyers and signs across length of park
- Recruiting volunteers, both individuals and groups, from local educational, social, and recreational organizations
- Coordinating refreshments, registration, and other logistics for events
- Coordinating the participation of Elected Officials, Press, and other VIPs
- Maintaining event planning documents and schedules as well as a volunteer database
- Assisting in the execution of events, including packing supplies, event set-up, and volunteer coordination.
- Currently pursuing a college degree in related fields
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Customer-service approach to all professional relationships
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under deadlines
- Outgoing self-starter, but collaborates well in a team environment
- Must have experience in the use of software programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience with volunteer organizing, customer service, or event coordination preferred
- As this position involves extensive local travel to and from events, a personal vehicle is required
- Availability to attend three Saturday events in April and May is mandatory
Benefits: Individuals interning with the Trust will have unique opportunities to further develop their professional skills, including:
- Gaining valuable work experience in the nonprofit industry and partnering with government agencies
- Networking with local business owners and community groups
- This is an unpaid internship, but selected candidate will be reimbursed for any direct travel costs for events attended
How to Apply: Interested parties should submit an application, including a cover letter and resume, to Becky Curtis at firstname.lastname@example.org.