The C&O Canal Trust hosts fundraising events each year that require the help of over 100 volunteers. Our events are not possible without the help of our local community volunteers. The C&O Canal National Historical Park (NHP) is a unique treasure, and your contribution as a volunteer with the C&O Canal Trust ensures the Park remains safe, beautiful, and welcoming for future generations.
Park After Dark is the C&O Canal Trust’s annual fundraising gala in support of the C&O Canal NHP. This unique event, held under the stars, will welcome nearly 200 guests to enjoy great food, libations, a campfire, music, and more…all to benefit the Park!
Proceeds from the event support the mission of the C&O Canal Trust, and directly fund preservation programs of the C&O Canal NHP, which hosts five million visitors each year along its 184.5-mile length. Park After Dark is the largest fundraising event held annually to benefit our Park.
We need volunteers for the following shifts:
- Friday, September 16: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Event set up (Tables, Chairs, Bar, and Bar Lights)
- Saturday, September 17: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Event set up (Decor, Tables, Flowers)
- Saturday, September 17: 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. – Event set up (Decor, Tables, Flowers, and more)
- Saturday, September 17: 4 p.m. – 10 p.m. – During the event (Bussing, Removing Trash, and more)
- Sunday, September 18: 10 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Event clean up
Please note: This event is suitable for volunteers ages 12 and up, with the exception of the Saturday evening shift, which is only suitable for volunteers ages 15 and up. SSL hours will be available at all shifts. The C&O Canal Trust is not responsible for youth volunteers (under the age of 18); they must be accompanied by an adult while volunteering for this event. Volunteers under 21 who sign up to work the event are not permitted to handle alcohol; volunteer project leaders will assign under 21 volunteers an age appropriate task.
Top Image by Mike Mitchell