Become a C&O Canal Trust Social AmbassadorBecome a Social Ambassador
Do you love the C&O Canal? Be our megaphone and tell your friends about this great Park as one of our Social Ambassadors! The C&O Canal Trust is working to spread the word about the importance of preserving and conserving this important national resources, and you can help us. Together, our voice will be louder and our impact will be greater!
What is the Role of an Ambassador?
As a C&O Canal Trust Ambassador, you will help to build awareness of the work the C&O Canal Trust does in the C&O Canal National Historical Park, by doing any of the following:
- Posting to your social media networks (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, SnapChat, and more) about your adventures in the Park with the hashtag #CanalTrust
- Sharing our C&O Canal Trust status updates with your networks
- Encouraging your friends and followers to view our content, link to our social networks, and sign up for our email newsletter
- Helping to promote our events
- Providing feedback on new ways we could use social media to spread the word about the C&O Canal Trust
Who Can Serve as an Ambassador?
Anyone who loves the C&O Canal and the C&O Canal Trust and is familiar with social media can be an ambassador. With your help, we can make a big difference in preserving the Park for future generations to enjoy.
How Will I Know What to Share?
The staff of the C&O Canal Trust will send you periodic emails with the news and events we would like you to promote. We will make it easy for you by providing text you can cut-and-paste — or, you can put your own spin on the material we send. Also, we ask that you follow our Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages and share our content as it appears in your feeds.
What Work Does the C&O Canal Trust Do?
As the official nonprofit fundraising partner of the C&O Canal National Historical Park, we work hand-in-hand with the Park staff on raising money to support priority projects in the Park. These include the following, which we accomplished in 2015:
- Funding $75,000 in Park Improvements
- Funding $65,000 in Canal Classrooms programming for over 9,000 students
- Funding 1,575 volunteers at work to preserve the Park
- Supporting our Canal Quarters program
- Supporting our Canal Towns Partnership, our Canal Discoveries Virtual Ranger program, our new Plan Your Visit section of our website, and other programs that enhance each and every visit you make to the Park
How Do I Get Started?
All you need to do is click the button below and fill out the form. C&O Canal Trust staff will then contact you by email to get you started.Become a Social Ambassador